- “Data Protection Laws” refers to the Swedish Personal Data Act (1998:204), which implements the EU directive 95/46/EC, and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation no. 2016/679) and the Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (Directive 2002/58/EC), as well as the national implementations and related national legislation.
- “Personal Data” means information which is directly, or indirectly, referable to a natural living person, e.g. name, address, location data or IP addresses.
- “Processing” refers to any operations which is performed on Personal Data e.g. collection, organising, storage, use, erasure and disclosure.
- “Data Controller” refers to Idefendo in this case, since Idefendo decides the purposes and the means of Processing.
The following Personal Data may be Processed when you use the Service:
- email address;
- IP address;
- ID number or social security number;
- information about your use of the Services;
- content that you post, upload and/or contribute to the Services;
- technical data, which may include the URL you are accessing the Website from, your IP address, unique device ID, network and computer performance, browser type, language and identifying information and operating system; and
- location data.
- We are unable to provide you the Service unless you provide the Personal Data above.
- The following Personal Data may be Processed when you use the Service:
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We will Process the Personal Data set out above for the following purposes:
- to send you alerts or messages by email or otherwise, including to provide you with marketing of our and our related parties’ products and services;
- to improve and develop the Services or new services and products and to analyse your use of the Services;
- to fulfil requirements by law.
- We will Process the Personal Data set out above for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of contract. By entering into contract with us we process your Personal Data to be able to fulfil our obligations set out in the agreement with you.
- Legitimate interest. The Processing of your Personal Data is conducted on the basis of the legitimate interest of Idefendo. Our legitimate interest for the Processing is to enable our users to obtain reliable evidence regarding ownership of their intellectual property through our blockchain technology (Digital Witness™). We also need to process Personal Data when you visit our Website to be able to maintain sufficient IT-security, to evade fraud and to protect the Website and the Services from cyber threats. The Personal Data will also be processed in order for Idefendo to maintain and improve our Website and Services.
- You have an absolute right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing. You also have the right to recall your prior given consent. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal, and we may continue Processing your Personal Data based on other legal grounds, except for direct marketing.
- If you object to the Processing of your Personal Data that is Processed based on public interest or the legitimate interest of the controller, we will cease to Process your Personal Data for these purposes if we have not been able to provide you with sufficient support for our Processing.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may share and disclose your Personal Data to third parties (e.g. payment service providers, service providers hosting the Website) to be able to provide you with the Service.
The recipients below are located outside the EU/EEA and we are therefore applying specified safeguards for the data transfers as set forth in the table below. You can acquire further information regarding the transfer by contacting us.
MailGun U.S.A. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Stripe U.S.A. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield U.S.A. SCC and EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Microsoft U.S.A. SCC and EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Rollbar U.S.A. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Adobe U.S.A. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield FontAwesome U.S.A. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
RESPONDING TO LEGAL REQUESTS AND PREVENTING HARM
We may access, preserve and share your Personal Data in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or a subpoena or the like), or when necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to protect ourselves, you and other users, including as part of investigations.
COOKIES, PIXELS AND OTHER SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES
We store your personal data as long as necessary to perform the Services requested by our users and to comply with applicable law (e.g. bookkeeping reasons). When a customer terminates his account, we delete the personal data regarding the customer except for the personal data we must store according to mandatory law.
The Services are not directed to persons under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from persons under the age of thirteen (13) (the “Child“). If you are a parent or guardian of a Child and you become aware of that the Child has provided Personal Data to the Idefendo without your consent, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your access, rectification, erasure, limiting of Processing and objection rights.
- You have the right to request access and further information concerning the Processing of your Personal Data, or request that we correct, rectify, complete, erase or restrict the Processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data that we Process relating to you free of charge once (1) every calendar year. For any additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- You have the right to have the Processing of your Personal Data restricted if (i) you have contested the accuracy of the Personal Data, (ii) the Processing is unlawful and you have requested restriction, (iii) if we no longer need your Personal Data for the original purposes but we require it to establish, exercise or defend legal rights, or (iv) if a verification of overriding grounds, regarding an erasure request, is pending.
- If the Processing is based on consent you have the right to data portability. Data portability means that you can receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transfer such data to another data controllers.
- To exercise your rights, or if you have any questions about our Processing of your Personal Data, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com. In your email please state your full name, user name and the email address used for registration. Note that you should sign the request to receive information of the Processing of your Personal Data yourself.
- If you have any complaints regarding our Processing of your Personal Data, you may file a complaint to the competent Data Protection authority. You can find out more about the local data protection authorities under the following link http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.